Monday, January 12, 2009

Love, I know.

It is good to be home, back with those I love. So far, this interim has been restful and cold. The snow doesn't seem to stop falling, which is beautiful, but makes our house a frigid icebox. Laughing and dancing and cooking with these friends again is such a perfect start to the year. This homecoming has not been hard or shocking. 

Although you people laugh at my choice to fill my last PE and take ice-skating, the first two classes have proven most challenging, and certainly hard on the palms of my hands. My supreme lack of skill or coordination or whatever guarantees belly-laughs if you care to come observe me on the rink. I wiggle when I try to skate backward, wobble when I git low to lunge, and body slam the ice when I attempt a spin. Shoot.

Last night was our first Sunday night family dinner of the new year. We gathered round our bright, retro kitchen table and huddled close to the stove for warmth. Quality $3 Crane Lake, sweet potato quesadillas, and good convo filled us up. We laughed hard. I am trying to cherish Annaliese's last weeks in this house before she heads to Chicago for her last semester, but I am looking forward to living with Katrena in February. Will be good.

So, hello, Hampton. I've missed you.

Here are some photos from house dinner last night, my lovely friends, and Jamie's new sprout apparatus. 






4 comments:

  1. this is good. i really do want to cook with you guys, sorry i wasn't around when you and dave made that soup tonight before the show. hopefully we can soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. we talked about some exponential functions in math today.
    i believe your skating skillz are growing exponentially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. crazy that this was almost a year ago. can't wait to be around that retro kitchen table once again.

    ReplyDelete