Monday, December 8, 2008

City Park Flea Market

The sun was shining, but it was actually cold and windy. I didn't wear a coat so was stinking freezing by the end of our outing to the City Park flea market. Bradley, you would have loved this place. It was packed and enormous--tons of Hungarian books, old cameras, communist passports, jewelry, toys, traditional nesting dolls, tapestries, just everything! I felt overwhelmed most of the time, but enjoyed exploring the tables, trying to find cheap treasures. I did not purchase anything for myself, but we might try to make it back there next weekend before we head home on Monday. 

We only have one week left, and are frantically finishing schoolwork to be able to squeeze in last Budapest outings. Tonight we are going to our usual Monday night bar, and tomorrow is for class, the applied arts museum, goodbye dinner, and ice-skating on top of the WestEnd mall. Full days and all these "lasts" are making my time flash by so close to the end. 

I couldn't help these few pastoral pics; it was so nice to see the sun. And look at my friends! They look good!








3 comments: