Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Some lasts

Two days ago some of us chicks went to the applied arts museum, something I have been meaning to do for the past few months. The massive building, with its lovely green and gold tiled roof, is right at the stop where I transfer to the metro to go to school so I see it often, but had never been inside. The craft and design exhibit was so wonderful--lots of ceramics, interesting sculptures, unusual quilts, furniture. Lydia got good ideas for her quilting class this interim and I took some nice photos for myself. 

Here is a not-great photo of the museum at night, but you get the idea.


Our farewell dinner was only a block away from the museum so we walked our way over there to eat more heavy Hungarian food and reflect on the semester as a group. It was good to hear people's final thoughts about what they appreciate about this place and about our time together. Corwin got slightly emotional.


Some of us still had finals the next day. Lydia, Claire, and I went to one of our favorite teahouses to sit yogi style on beanbags and sip delicious treats, which we will all miss so much--rich hot chocolate of every variety and sweet oriental spice tea with cream are only a few.





My days are expectedly very full right now (lots of shopping!) and I will hopefully post some more goody photos and stories soon. We are going to the Nutcracker tonight at the opera house on Andrassy, which is magnificently lit up with white lights now. I always love walking around this city and I am looking forward to the ballet.

Lovelove.

1 comment:

  1. Jenna, I have enjoyed reading your blog and your pictures of this semester. It has been a treat to savor and experience. thanks. I know someone who is really looking forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete